During 2022, Griffith University, in partnership with the Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) Berghofer, were awarded the contract to complete this important body of work.
The Project is funded through the Queensland Mental Health Commission, with joint oversight from QAMH. A Project Reference Network which includes eight community mental health member organisations, Lived Experience advisors, representatives from federal and state funding bodies and other community peaks was established to support this piece of work. QAMH members were offered the opportunity to participate in the reference network through an expression of interest process.
To complete the analysis of the sector and recommend success imperatives to grow and strengthen the Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Sector across Queensland, the Project Team have completed the following project phases:
- Established three focus groups to support all project phases
- Quantitative data- rapid appraisal
- Qualitative data – lived experience perspectives
- Qualitative data – engaging service provider perspectives
- Conducted a Rapid Scoping Review of contemporary data and literature including a thematic analysis of service provider and Lived Experience submissions to the Mental Health Select Committee for the Parliamentary Inquiry into Metal Health
- Co-developed and distributed a state-wide survey for people accessing community mental health services and service providers
A Reference Network Meeting to discuss the draft findings and Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis is scheduled for September, with the final report being released by the end of 2023.