QAMH made a submission to the Australian Parliamentary Joint Standing Committee on the NDIS inquiry into Current Scheme Implementation and Forecasting for the NDIS. This submission highlights our members’ concerns regarding:
- The interface between the NDIS and ‘mainstream’ services
- Barriers to providing services in rural/remote areas
- Inequitable variation in plan funding
- Workforce issues including the difficulty in providing quality services under current cost structures
- The ongoing inequitable pricing arrangements for support coordinators and recovery coaches
- The lack of supports for people with psychosocial disability outside the NDIS (the “missing middle”)
QAMH continues to advocate to improve the NDIS for people who experience mental health challenges which impact on their day-to-day functioning.