Stretch2Engage is an organisational engagement framework developed for the Queensland Mental Health Commission and piloted by several Queensland mental health and alcohol and other drug organisations. Stretch2Engage is underpinned by a philosophy which places the responsibility for engagement with the service and not the individual. It shifts the culture of an organisation to one where the primary questions are:
How can we engage better with you? How can we understand your needs to adapt our service to meet your needs?
Services who trialled this framework and methodology strengthened their engagement with their participants by Stretching2Be: Curious, Clear, Creative, Collective, Comprehensive, Champion and Committed. These services aspired to uphold a person first service culture and described greater levels of engagement in their service because of implementing the framework.
While Stretch2Engage was developed for the Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs sectors, it has wide applicability to other sectors seeking to engage with the people they serve.
The following resources have been developed to assist organisations to implement Stretch2Engage.
A series of short videos showing the experiences of the pilot sites and tips for implementing Stretch2Engage:
- Video 1 – Stretch2Engage, The Story Part A
- Video 2 – Stretch2Engage, The Story Part B
- Video 3 – Stretch2Engage, The Story Part C
- Video 4 – We thought we were already doing good engagement
- Video 5 – Practical examples – Darling Downs Health
- Video 6 – Practical examples – Karakan
- Video 7 – Practical examples – Ladders, Metro South Health
- Video 8 – Practical examples – QuIHN
- Video 9 – Practical examples – Sunrise Way
- Video 10 – Practical examples – Toowoomba Clubhouse
- Video 11 – Practical examples – Belmont Private Hospital
- Video 12 – Challenges to implementing Stretch2Engage
- Video 13 – Leadership, culture and sustainability
- Video 14 – Challenging services to engage more effectively
- Video 15 – Helen Glover Vodcast
- Evaluation summary report For full report please contact us.
- Evaluation infographic
- Summary theory of change. For detailed document please contact us.
- Brief guide to monitoring & evaluation
- Capacity wheel template
- Significant change story template
- Stretch2Engage Framework
- House model A4 – a simplified layout to assist with understanding the framework.
- Hero Cards (print) and Hero Cards (web) – question prompts across each of the seven value domains.