EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – Queensland Alliance for Mental Health (QAMH) is the peak body for community mental health organisations in Queensland. We are known and sought after to lead reform, drive innovation, and expand the potential of the Community Wellbeing Sector in Queensland.
We value advocacy, trust, relevance and responsiveness, leadership and diversity, and are committed to building a resilient community mental health sector in Queensland and across Australia. Our aim is to foster the capacity of community mental health service providers by advocating for our members and continuing to strengthen the mental health sector.
We strongly encourage candidates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply. Candidates with lived experience and legal skills will be highly regarded.
QAMH is seeking expressions of interest for a Skills-Based Director who embodies the strong values of QAMH to join its Board of Directors. The duties of the role include:
- contributing to the development and review of QAMH’s strategic plan
- reviewing and ensuring the organisation complies with its governing documents including but not limited to its constitution, governance rules, policies and procedures
- participating in the annual CEO and Board performance reviews
- ensuring that QAMH management delivers on the strategic plan and reflects its purpose and values in its decisions relating to the management and direction of the organisation
- monitoring the financial position of the organisation
- overseeing the risk management plan to ensure that all risks are managed appropriately and the plan is regularly updated
- committed to attendance at Board meetings.
The desired candidate will:
- have current or recent experience with organisations in rural and remote Queensland
- be willing to actively contribute to Board discussions with tolerance, honesty and sensitivity
- be amiable, responsive, respectful and patient
- be willing to serve on sub-committees and take on special assignments, as necessary
- have a sound understanding of the mental health sector in Queensland.
The Board meets quarterly and the position is voluntary. The role may also include involvement in a Board sub-committee which meets separately to the quarterly Board meeting. Board members are also encouraged to participate in the organisation’s events including the Annual Alliance Meeting and Strategic Planning Day.
. . . . .
To find out more information about QAMH, please visit www.qamh.org.au
To express your interest in joining the QAMH Board of Directors, please provide your CV and a short covering letter to Rochelle Caron, Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Friday 3 June 2022.