Trauma Informed Care training for community mental health service providers
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AESTFree
Member Only event
Experiences of trauma are common in the helping industries we work in – not only for the people we support, but for their families and communities, and for ourselves as workers. Trauma Informed Care is increasingly being adopted by individuals and organisations across the world to improve the wellbeing of all those involved in care settings.
This webinar will help you to understand what Trauma Informed Care is & provide some practical ways to use this approach in your work.
Topics covered will include:
‘The 5 Principles’ and ‘The 4 Rs’ of Trauma Informed Care
– Prevalence rates
– Types of trauma, along with impacts on wellbeing and mental health
– Science – brain, body and arousal changes
– Protective factors and healing
– Vicarious trauma and caring for yourself
– Responding as individual workers and services
– New resources to take back to work