QAMH Members are invited to join us for our Online Members Forum where we will hear from Joseph Debattista and Elena McLeish from the Metro North Public Health Unit, as they discuss the topic: Sexual Health and Mental Health Services.
There is a complex relationship between mental illness and sexual health. Mental illness can be a risk factor for the acquisition and transmission of sexually transmitted infections, yet people with mental illness may face social isolation and exclusion and have limited access to sexual health resources. With the incidence of sexually transmitted infections – including syphilis – on the rise amongst vulnerable groups, it’s important to be aware of the issues and how you can help.
This discussion facilitated by Metro North Public Health Unit will cover:
- Understanding the link between sexual health and adverse social determinants (homelessness, drug and alcohol use, mental illness, incarceration)
- Assisting with early identification and support for testing
- Engaging in basic education around risk factors with consumers
- Supporting women (including those experiencing mental distress) who are disengaged from antenatal care to access support.
— — —
We look forward to our member’s continued involvement and engagement in our member’s forums.
QAMH represents over 100 members in the Queensland community mental health sector.
Through QAMH, members have the access to resources that strengthen their organisations, a platform to connect with colleagues, and create a solid evidence base for community mental health interventions.
Our member’s support has enabled QAMH to deliver some positive outcomes for the mental health sector in terms of advocacy, influence, representation and sector development.
Membership with QAMH includes a range of benefits as part of our commitment:
- Representation and advocacy
- Opportunity to influence Queensland’s community mental health landscape
- Strategic support
- Delivery of latest and most relevant Information
- Training, forums, and development opportunities
- Invitations to member-only events.
— — —
QAMH Members receive communications with links and registration details. If interested in participating in QAMH forums, events and activities please speak to your QAMH Member representative. For general queries email: email@example.com
If you are interested in discussing membership, please contact Sarah Childs, Director – Sector Engagement and Development, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3394 8480.
Find out more about the benefits of membership with QAMH