Expressions of Interest
Skills-Based Director, QAMH Board
Queensland Alliance for Mental Health (QAMH) is the peak body for community mental health organisations in Queensland. We value advocacy, trust, relevance and responsiveness, leadership and diversity, and are committed to building a resilient community mental health sector in Queensland and across Australia. Our aim is to foster the capacity of community mental health service providers by advocating for our members and continuing to strengthen the mental health sector.
QAMH is seeking expressions of interest for a Skills-Based Director who embodies the strong values of QAMH to join its Board of Directors. The duties of the role include:
- contributing to the development and review of QAMH’s strategic plan;
- reviewing and ensuring the organisation complies with its governing documents including but not limited to its constitution, governance rules, policies and procedures;
- participating in the annual CEO and Board performance reviews;
- ensuring that QAMH management delivers on the strategic plan and reflects its purpose and values in its decisions relating to the management and direction of the organisation;
- monitoring the financial position of the organisation as required;
- overseeing risk management plan to ensure that all risks are managed appropriately and the plan is regularly updated;
- committing to regular and reliable attendance at Board meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- have current or recent experience with organisations in rural and remote Queensland;
- be willing to actively contribute to Board discussions with tolerance, honesty and sensitivity;
- be amiable, responsive, respectful and patient;
- be willing to serve on sub-committees and take on special assignments, as necessary;
- have a sound understanding of the mental health sector in Queensland.
Skills in marketing and communication are desirable but not essential. Candidates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage are encouraged to apply.
The Board meets quarterly and the position is voluntary. The role may also include involvement in a Board sub-committee which meets separately to the quarterly Board meeting. Board members are also encouraged to participate in the organisation’s events including the Annual Alliance Meeting and Strategic Planning Day.
To find out more information about QAMH, please visit www.qamh.org.au/about
To express your interest in joining the QAMH Board of Directors, please provide your CV and a short covering letter to . Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 12 June 2020.